Cardiff University School of Journalism, Media and Culture ranks as one of the best Journalism schools in the UK, and in the world.
This year we laid down some of the things to look out for in the year ahead. This was my contribution. You can find out from the full list of our experts by clicking here
Five projects starting this year:
- Thirty years since I started working in radio for the BBC, we’ve assembled a team for a new podcast bringing in archive such as this rare interview with maestro Quincy Jones , and rare historic moments. For instance what was it like to interview President Mandela or report his inauguration
2. How will artificial intelligence impact a new generation of journalists?
3. How the leaders’ list captures the talent behind some of the best television.
4. We’re back in Russia talking films and how to turn news making into memorable cinema. Imagine if Christopher Nolan, or Spielberg did journalism? What might they do differently, which was one of the questions behind cinema journalism.
5. How to deliver a perfect keynote about the industry. What comes next?